CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Our Journey Thus Far

So as a lot of you already know, we are in the process of adopting a child from ukraine. We are still waiting for our homestudy report to be finished. Getting Eric to actually go to medical isn't the easiest thing, and we're still waiting for letters of reference from friends. Our next step is going to be to get my passport renewed with my married name on it and get one for Eric.

We had a pretty stressful situation a couple of weeks ago. We thought that Eric would not be able to get enough leave for us to travel to Ukraine, so we started looking into domestic adoption. While I would love to adopt a newborn, it just didn't feel like the right decision for us. We've gotten information together for the people in his squadron, so that they understand why and how we've made this decision. After talking to a few people, we know that Eric should be able to get 30 days of leave with no problem (assuming that his shop doesn't cause issues). That way he should be able to be there to meet the child and do the court hearing and then come home. I can stay to finish the process after that. I'm hoping that he'll be able to get more leave or get PTAD orders so that he can stay for the whole process.

I'm still hoping that we can have biological children, but right now I'm just going to focus on the adoption (If you don't want to know about my reproductive system now is the time to stop reading LOL). For the next 6 months biological children are out of the question anyway. In my laparoscopy, the doctor found endometriosis, so I'm now on a medication called Lupron to treat that, which also puts me into menopause (fun fun fun!). The doctor also found that one of my fallopian tubes is blocked. If that was caused by the endometriosis, it may open back up after the Lupron injections. I'm also still on medication to treat my polycystic ovaries. We're finally beginning to understand why it has been so hard for us to get pregnant.

That's about all i can think of to say for now.

0 comments: