CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What to do...

I finally heard back from the woman at the agency again and she said there are several families interested in the children we are interested in. So, I'm not sure what our course of action should be. There aren't many children available from that country and if someone else gets their paperwork done before us (which I'd say is highly likely considering we haven't even gotten started yet) there aren't any other children available that are in the age range we are considering, without serious special needs.

Honestly I don't know if I could deal with the woman at this agency through a whole adoption. She can't seem to answer more than one question per email, so I'll ask her two questions and have to ask one of them again in a separate email because she won't answer it the first time. I ask a lot of questions... I think I'd start to really get irritated with her.

It's still a possibility, but I'm pretty discouraged that there are already several families interested in those children and we haven't even gotten started yet. Ukraine is still an option, but we can't do anything there until Eric gets back from the boat. I'm emailing some agencies about Russia. Russia was our first choice, but I've been told that because I took antidepressants for a couple of months that we don't qualify. I'm trying to figure out exactly what the requirements are because it just seems wrong to me to disqualify us because of a couple of months of that drug.

The woman from the agency that I've been speaking to is going to keep me updated about those two children, but I think it's very likely that someone will beat us to getting the paperwork finished and we can't afford to spend several thousand dollars on getting things done for that country and then having no children within our age range available for adoption.

So for now, I'm just going to focus on raising money. Everything I get is going into a high interest savings account and it's going to sit there and build interest until we can figure out exactly what to do.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you that you will find the kids that are meant for you. Reeces Rainbow has a comparision chart of what all the countries requirements are for adoption.