CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Update on the plan...

Not much going on here, which is actually really nice. Our plan before was to go for the adoption, but still continue with TTC. Now that I've really decided I'm done TTC, it's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It was all just so stressful (granted adoption is probably just as stressful) and with all the side effects from the drugs I was just miserable. I'm starting to feel normal again and it's so nice. I've always wanted to adopt, and I wish we had been able to finish the adoption we had started, but before I just wasn't ready to give up on TTC. Now... I've stopped taking all my drugs and I haven't looked back. I'm really ready now. I can focus on raising money for adoption, without the constant stress of TTC in the back of my mind.

So, the new plan is that for the next year (while Eric is gone) I'm going to work on saving money and getting us out of debt, so we can afford to adopt when he gets back. With one more yardsale I should be able to get his passport taken care of before he leaves so I can wait on it while he's gone and we don't have to pay the extra fee to expedite it when he gets back. It normally takes 6-8 weeks for them to process it and mail it to you, but for an extra $60 they'll speed it up and get it done in like 2-4 weeks.

Our plan is to adopt from Russia, I don't know how we're going to come up with the money, but I hope that we'll be able to get grants and loans to help. If I get us out of debt while Eric is deployed our credit will hopefully be good enough for us to qualify for some loans (or at least a consolidation loan to lower our monthly payments and get more in savings). Ukraine is also an option, as will be many other countries by the time Eric gets back because I will only be a couple months away from being 25. So then we will be eligible to adopt from many of the contries that won't accept us right now. Russia has always been our first choice though, and now that I know they won't hold my past use of antidepressants against me, I'm really excited about adopting from Russia. I'm still trying to learn Russian. I have a long way to go before I could have a meaningful conversation, but I've made some progress. I know how to tell you what color my car is, and that I understand a little Russian. So even if we end up not being able to afford Russia, I want to adopt from a Russian speaking country so that I can put my limited Russian skills to good use.

0 comments: