CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Yay for yardsales!

We did pretty well today. We made almost $70, and I had a few more people say they might bring me things they have been wanting to get rid of. Not bad for a few days before payday. I think we'll do even better next weekend, since payday is on Wednesday/Thursday depending on which bank people use. I'm very greatful to everyone who came, a few of them would ask me how much I wanted for something and then give me an extra dollar or two from what I said. I had the yardsale at Niki's house (more yardsale traffic in base housing than way out here by the beach) and her neighbor said she was going to get back to us at tax return time. She was on the list to adopt, having been told she would never be able to have her own children, and ended up pregnant, so she's been where I'm at and apparently wants to contribute more when she has it, which is so amazing to me. I don't like asking people for money because I know times are hard on everyone right now, so the fact that someone would willingly give us money to help us is just so wonderful.

So my adoption savings account now has $60.03 (the rest is in ones and change, so I'm keeping it for change at the next yardsale). Not bad for about 4 hours of work. Theoretically if I do this every weekend and make about $60 each week I could earn about $3000 in a year. I doubt I'll do this every weekend, but it will just depend on how many people continue to donate items for me to sell. That would be a pretty good start though. Plus considering that around the time we'll be getting the process going will be around tax return time again (but 7 months of Eric's pay will most likely be tax free this year, so next years tax return probably won't be much).

0 comments: